The holidays are famous for busy evenings, brunch dates, and getting together with our favs. Even if you don’t exchange gifts with your besties, you can’t show up empty handed to their holiday party and at Christmas, it seems flowers don’t cut it quite the way they do other times of the year. I like to store a few “hostess” gifts in my front entry closet. We often get invited to an impromptu evening of drinks and appies, or suddenly are reminded of someone we have forgotten on our list. I try to be original and a little fun with my gifts, and always try for the unexpected.
Here are a few of my favs!
- DRINK ROCKS – scotch being all the rage these days, nothing is more special than lifting a class with these special drink rocks. They keep your drink cold, look beautiful, and no ice to dilute the drink. Special and unexpected – these are a great hostess gift.
FIND THEM HERE
2. FAMILY TIME CONVERSATION KIT – as a mom of teens, I know how hard we are always trying to get them to put down their phones and engage in conversation around the dinner table. When going to a fellow “mom of teens” home, I love to bring this conversation kit. Something fun, and unique to get the conversation going!
FIND IT HERE
3. HUNGRY FAN 3 IN 1 THERMAL BAG – This is the perfect hostess gift. Who has not been in the situation where they are off to a friend’s place for appie night, and you are frantically trying to find something to transport your food in that will keep it hot and survive the trip in the car. This is just the ticket and is a GREAT gift to give to a girlfriend or bring to your book club gift exchange. As an added bonus, this bag also doubles as a cooler, or can act as a slow cooker for up to 6 hours!! No oven or outlet needed…
Find it HERE
4. DAMMIT DOLL – I’m often wondering what the neighbour is thinking when I loose my shit and freak out over something that is going on in our house… quite frankly, I don’t know a mom (or dad) that doesn’t need this frustration removal doll. From the retailer, “Whenever things don’t go so well, and you want to hit the wall and yell, here’s a little Dammit Doll, that you can’t live without. Just grasp it firmly by the legs and find a place to slam it. And as you whack the stuffing out yell DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!”
Wouldn’t this be a cool gift to show up with when you stop at a friend’s for drinks?? Available at one of our fav cool local shops, Liz and Lottie.
Buy it HERE
5. WINE CONDOMS – Drink responsibly – use a condom for wine!! These are by FAR my fav gift I have found this year. Plan on getting “lucky” with your next glass of merlot or chardonnay? Wine Condoms, like regular condoms, can be slipped in your pocket or purse and taken anywhere! Great for restaurants and party leftovers, too! You have to admit, if you show up at your next party with these, you will be the star gift giver. Side note – perhaps not totally appropriate for a teacher gift. LOL
Find them HERE
So – now you are ready – pick a few of these gifts up, wrap them beautifully and unique (perhaps in a festive tea towel, or bar towel) and secure with a fun bow. Store them safely for that next holiday party – when you get that impromptu invite, you are ready!
We have been busy in the Mojo and Moxie kitchen these days… stay tuned next week for my “make ahead” Christmas morning breakfast! Get it done with us and Christmas morning you can have that extra Bailey’s in your coffee! 🙂