With Halloween being a week away, I thought I would post a little inspiration for some ‘Jack ‘O Lantern’ carving ideas.
Bur first a few facts about Halloween and where this tradition came from.
- Trick or Treating evolved from an ancient Celtic tradition of putting our treats and food to placate spirits who roamed the streets during Samhain, a sacred festival that marked the end of the Celtic Calendar year some 6000 years ago.
- The first Jack o Lanterns were actually made of turnips
- Halloween is the second grossing commercial holiday after Christmas
- One quarter of all candy sold annually in the US is purchased for Halloween
- The first known mention of Halloween Trick or Treating in North American was in 1927 in Blackie, Alberta, Canada